100w Reci 4 laser tube - Power seems too powerful

Ok, sooooo…I run the LightBurn software on my Mac, is this a compatible file for a mac user?

No no, this is not an issue as these are LightBurn specific files that are OS neutral, folks share these across OS versions regularly. But you have me scratching my brain…

Have you been able to create or load any material library files before? Show me that file from a Finder window if you would. I am wondering if shown file name is actually showing what the file system thinks it is. How did you rename that file?

I am a Mac user. It was from a Mac, but by the time it’s gone through the web, there’s no OS-specific permissions or such - it’s just a text file.

Hi Rick,

So, I appologize, I am really “new” at all of this and keep searching youtube to try to learn quickly and this is the first file I’ve tried to load. I’ve since found a random .clb and was able to load it but it’s probably rubbish for my machine. Attached is a screenshot using finder…

Ok, good news first, you successfully loaded a .CLB file. Don’t use that one titled “E2_5W…”. That is for a very low-power diode and will not provide what you want. But you got it to load.

Try the name change again on another copy of the file Bo provided, then try to load again. This should be working the same as you just did.

You have nothing to apologize for, you are fine. We all got started somewhere at some point. You are fine. :slight_smile:

Have you managed to use your 130W laser, for any engraving? or is the minimum power the tube willstrike at too high?
My friend has a 100W tube, and it won’t give on less than 17.5% power, which is too much to do grey scale type engraving.

Hi Paul, greyscale is not a problem at all. 12% is just about my threshold and speed makes up for the potential power excess.

I definitely don’t have the super sensitive and progressive nature as I do on my old 25w Epilog Submit but things come out good.

I set my minimum just under threshold so I get a no burn then it steps up progressively after that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t confuse a poorly-implemented or tuned machine with a general inability

256 levels of grey can easily be achieved when you have 1024 levels of pwm control

My machine fires at 8% power

There’s a lot of bs on the interwebs.

2 Likes

If anyone has actually done a pure grayscale image with a CO2 laser, I would like to see a sample. My experience has been the range of “grayscale” is very narrow. Mostly you get 3D relief engraving.

Hi Joel, what results are you expecting or hoping for please.

I just saw some comments about doing grayscale with CO2, I translated that to images, maybe that was an incorrect translation. I do quite well with grayscale for 3D engraving but not for images. One of the dither modes works much better.

Ditto! Thanks for sharing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.