10W creality Cr- laser falcon engraving but not cutting even at 1 mm/s and 100% power

hi,
i got a used 10w Cr-laser falcon, its Engraving very well but dosent not even cut a 2.3mm MDF vineer at 1 mm/s speed and 100% power.

i tried cleaning the lense, and checked if the s-max value=1000 matched $30=1000.00 (it does). i did use a focus block too but still the same.
can you please help me figure out the problem.

You do not indicate what power laser you have. Your results may be normal, but we cannot decide without more information.

It is easy to scorch MDF, but to cut it completely through requires everything including focus has to be just right. To give you a comparison, I currently cut 2.8mm Baltic Birch plywood with 700mm/min, 70% power, and 4 passes (sometimes 3 is enough) using a 10w laser.

I also suggest you work in mm/min units.

sir i have menctioned it on the title, its a 10W laser. and i used all the focus
measurements in the focus block but its still the same

Yes you did, and I missed that. Knowing this, I would you should be able to match my results somewhat.

Okay, you can be out of focus and still burn wood. I burned my base at a 4" distance with 30% power (not on purpose!). My focus is 50mm (about 2").

Here is a list of things to check:
You have GRBL (only) as the device type.
Make sure $30 parameter = 1000, and not 255.
Confirm the S-value max in the Device Settings window is 1000 also.
For a diode laser, mm/min in the Settings window is preferred.

Finally, if none of these suggestions solve your problem, you should reach out to the manufacturer of your machine for assistence.

No matter what, please post what you learn here.

LightBurn_iVp9gZ3KXW
Does his mean i have selected GRBL only ?

Yes, that is the correct choice.

i think the problem for me was i was going too slow at 100% power, may be thats the reason i couldnt cut. as you said i changes the setting to mm/m and set the speed to 200-250 it was cutting a 2mm MDF. but after changing to another 2mm MDF my laser was cutting only one axis and the other axis was barely cutting. can you help me with this. (i think its cuttiong only Y axis, the X axis was not cutting)
i thought i was the wood but i turned to another side still only Y axis is getting cut

What about multiple passes? Did you try it? Try to move left and right over one piece of a material.

Please have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEqTW9z2J0

What about air assist, did you turn it on? It increases 5 times cutting effectivity.

The machine i got claim’s that it can cut 10mm wood in single pass, in my case (the wood in the images is just 2mm MDF) and yes i tried two pass it did not cut. before i got the problem it did one clean cut but now it doesnt. tried changing the position of the wood too did not help. And yes i just bought an airassist for the same reason i dont see any impovement at all.

MDF is much more worse to cut than a plain (low density like bamboo) wood.

The claim to cut this with 10W WITHOUT air assist is a lie. You can buy some air compressor somewhere: https://store.creality.com/products/cr-laser-falcon-air-assist
At least sculpfun does not lie with S10 - 10W model and writes about 18mm of balsa wood cutting capability. This is just another marketing trick, they omit to write about number of passes needed. In your case they omit to drop a line about type of wood.

Feel free to look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6qCplOJSzw about cutting possibilities with 5W 10W and 20W.

10W; 10mm plywood 300mm/min 5passes without and 4 passes with air assist.
10W; 10mm plywood 600mm/min 9passes without and 5 passes with air assist.
There is just another lie, Sculpfun promisses 5x better cutting power with air assist, but it is practically barely 2 times better.

I would have with 20W (two times more power) and air assist on problems to cut this during single pass.

i allready have the air assist the results are the same with and without the air assist. if the machine cannot cut through MDF in opne pass why does my machine cuts clean in y axis and not in x axis.

The different cutting capabilities in x and y axes has been discussed here. The problem behind is that the LASER beam is far from ideal circle.

Look at the wall test here:

I did not need to cut MDF yet. But I have tested kitchen desk from glued wood pieces similar to MDF. There was a problem that low speed caused marerial to burn. And air assist suppressed material burning in some level.

But always it is recommended to do a material test. Please do first a material test on any unknown material like MDF and then decide for your device and your speciffic material: Material Test - LightBurn Documentation