10w Falcon attempts to go past home and moves rig on frame

When I set up a file to burn and select the “frame” option, the head goes to the front left corner but does not stop. it keeps trying to travel and you can hear a grinding (belt slip) sound and the entire platform shifts forward from the force of the head hitting the corner. I’ve removed the device and reinstalled it several times. What am I doing wrong?

Is your machine equipped with limit switches for homing? If not, then your machine isn’t capable of auto-homing.

If it does have switches/sensors then make sure they’re properly connected and investigate to see that nothing is preventing proper actuation of the switches.

LightBurn itself is uninvolved in the homing process other than in being abler to request a homing operation. The controller and hardware of the machine itself handles the entire homing process and reports position back to LightBurn.

If you do not have homing switches then disable “Auto-home on startup” in Edit->Device Settings. You can still manually home the machine by turning on the machine with the laser positioned at far front left.

Thank you for your help. Looks like I need to find a Creality Falcon forum. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.