16x12" (400x300mm) pin bed: $45

Started with somebody else’s idea on the board, but I can’t find the original post.

12x18 cutting board from WalMart: $10
12x24 aluminum sheet from Home Depot: $10
200 cone/screws from Amazon: $10
200 (132) m3 screws from Amazon: ~$15.

The screws that came with the cones aren’t long enough to make it through the cutting board, so I need to order some more. The cutting board is for rigidity, and the aluminum (painted) to protect the cutting board from the laser.

Pin-holes generated with array copy in Lightburn, exported to DXF to CAM program, and converted to points. Two passes on CNC; one to cut the 3mm through-hole and another to give 7.5mm partway through to recess the screw heads.

There was a bubble/ripple in the sheet I didn’t notice when I clamped it, so there are a couple of unintended, but non-impacting, elongated holes in the aluminum.

Only 123 pins to go…

“Well, that was tedious.” Done, though.

Did you see this? It is a really smart idea as well:

Yes. There’s also somebody that has a post (that I can’t find) that uses similar studs to what I did. “Mine is different”, since the studs are uniform size and it’s a fixed, rigid, easily removable platofrm.

Plus, “what use is CNC if you don’t get to play with it ocassionally?” :slight_smile:

Here is a video / post using the studs: https://youtu.be/rKRE4aJcr40

No, this isn’t a video illustrating use. It appears that you’re looking to pick up subscribers and found an opportunity to leverage this thread in that attempt.

Why do you assume things are negative and everything is self serving? I make videos in my free time to “help” people. The reason I posted this was to add to the conversation to “help people” and you insult me? Does this provide you with a feeling of “power”? Also do you think I am getting rich or making a living from this at all? Sorry to inform you the commercials of YT are a rip off and I enjoy helping people. God bless you…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.