2.1 crashes on variable text framing

Lightburn 2.1 crashes when framing unfilled variable text from a csv. If the placeholder doesn’t get populated from the file it freezes on framing. If I have a jig template of variables that’s only partially filled, attempting to frame without cut selected turned on, or selecting more placeholders than are used, will crash it. Galvo, BJJCZ, Win 11.
A bare minimum test to reproduce it - Make one %0 variable with Merge/CSV and try to frame it without the csv loaded, or an empty csv.

Having the same issue since the last update. I run MOST jobs using variable text from a csv and my computer (Dell OptiPlex Micro, Win11) freezes when it auto-advances to a cell with no data. We use empty data cells as forced stops to indicate we need to make an adjustment before continuing, so it’s very much part of our workflow/system/production. Previously, when advancing to a blank cell, it simply wouldn’t frame or advance further. Since the update, we have to force Lightburn to close (ctrl-alt-delete) and re-open the program.

Do either of you receive a crash report? I just tried to replicate and I’m stuck with no report. I may have to force restart as well. I will create a bug report for the developers to address.

I can’t see a crash report. The GUI stops responding but the main process is still running in the background. I end up force stopping through task manager. I tried to run a clean debug log and it’s over 15Mb after less than a minute - too large to upload here. It’s doing a long string write to the debug file every 4-5ms. Here’s a screenshot of the repeating section of the log. Hope it helps.

Thanks I’ll add this to the bug report. Very similar to my experience on mac.

This bug has been addressed and the fix should be in the patch release: Announcements - LightBurn Software Forum