2 motors on Y axis, they are going opposite directions

Sculpfun s10 with expansion kit with 2 Y Axis motors, with 32 bit motherboard with auto air assist. Motors are moving opposite directions

If one is going one way and the other is going opposite, then you will need to swap a pair of wires on the motor going the wrong way.
how to change steeper motor direction - Google Search

1 Like

I’d suggest checking the connections and making sure that one of motors is not plugged in backwards. This could be at either the motor side or controller side.

1 Like

I had this problem with a cnc, I just swapped the X motor with one of the Y to get a pair, then corrected X with $3 command,

this has to be a wiring issue. are you certain you did not rotate one of them connectors 180º
is doable, hard but doable

I slept on this issue overnight and this is what i did today, and i came to the conclusion that it has something to do with the new motherboard.
First since u had an extra set of cables i hooked them up to the old motherboard and then to my S10, and low and behold it moved correctly. Since i had the old motherboard hooked up i went ahead and took a pick of all the settings. Before switching back to the new motherboard i tried the existing wires on the old motherboard and it moved correctly. So i hooked the new motherboard back up and made sure all settings are the same repeated the process and the same issue happened, one motor turns opposite. So it has to be something with new motherboard

You used old cables to connect to new controller?
The 2 y motors are connected to the same output.
So your problem is at the cable.

How does the original board handle this…?

If it’s a single driver on both boards, the phases have to be swapped somewhere… This would eliminate the cable…?

:smile_cat:

Has 2 sets of cables. Trying to sort which ones being used.