4 wheel rotary in OMTech 50 watt?

I have a a 50 watt Orion Tech 50 watt laser. It works great. Cuts clean, repeatable. It’s a great hobby+ piece of hardware. It came with a hot dog rotary. It works. I got the steps figured out and can do pretty clean rotary jobs with the hot dog roller.

I’d like to upgrade to a 4 wheel rotary. I got the OMTech 4-wheel that is the same as almost every other one I’ve seen out there. It plugs in and works. But it’s so tall that you can really only focus the laser if the cylinder you’re engraving is a couple of inches wide. Even after setting the rotary on the bottom of cabinet with its rubber feet removed.

Does anyone know of a good 4 wheel rotary with the 4 pin connector used by this device that actually fits in the cabinet???

I assume you lower your table?

I have a PiBurn that fits nicely and appears plenty of room for very large (64 oz) mugs.

Maybe a picture…?

I still have about 5 or 6 inches under the table…

:smiley_cat:

I’ll have to take a look at the PiBurn. It has a much lower profile.
I lowered the table, and even took out the blades and set the rotary on the bottom of the case. I’ve already returned it, but it was this model - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BVSQX4Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had less than 15mm between a 20oz. tumbler and the nozzle. So while it worked, it was certainly not a great solution.

Thanks for the PiBurn recommendation!

I have not done any large mugs so can’t comment too much on the clearance. I seem to have quite a bit and I’ve watched one run a 64oz mug on a 50 watt machine…

They are not low cost. Check out the site and they will have measurements. It would be wise to check.

How in the world did you get your rotary set up? We have the OmTech 50 watt and the 3 roller rotary and have not been able to make it work

Hi Ginny…

What kind of rotary do you have and what problems did you have setting it up?

A link to the device is nice and any kind of setup procedure you used…

I’d suggest you start a new thread… These can become too long…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.