60 degree camera works great for a K40, but I'd recommend the 90 degree

Just feedback. I installed the 60 degree camera on my K40. The picture is fantastic once focused and configured. Really happy with it.

If you are looking to put a camera on the inside lip of the lid of a K40 I suggest you consider the 90 degree camera. The 60 works well for me but it is j-u-s-t b-a-r-e-l-y picking up the edges of the burn area. I think I would have gone for the over-coverage offered by the 90 degree cam. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, LightBurn Team! :blush:

1 Like

How did your results vary from what Lightburn suggested?
How far above the bed is your camera?

The camera lens is 16.75 inches from the surface. The camera works great - wonderful image quality and accuracy. The image just cuts off a fraction of an inch from two sides - which is my mounting error more than anything. I think I would have gotten the next wider camera lens to give me more room for error, and to provide more flexibility in use on other future laser beds.

x

:slight_smile:

Yup. I was pushing the guidelines. The mounting point is actually a bit higher (17.5") than the lens distance. Either way I violated the guidelines since I was in the middle. Call it a cautionary tale for other camera buyers. :grin:

I’m glad you brought it up. It’s beneficial to all :slight_smile:

At least you could measure it. When I ordered mine and waited, I couldn’t find any commercial place that could tell me. Probably could have fished…

Thanks, take care :smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.