60w Laser Max mA?

I just received an Orion Motor Tech 55w Laser Blue and Grey model, it’s actually marked 60w. Ordered from Amazon. I installed an Analog ammeter tonight that goes to 30mA. What I wanted to know what should be my max mA to drive the laser at so it will not burn out too fast.

Second I assume on the Ruida controller it shows max power 50%, if I enter let’s say 100% in light burn I am actually cutting at 50% system power is that correct.

After installation, I watched the meter as it cut at 100% in light burn and meter read 20mA. I assume I can safely drive this a little higher if needed. I am just curious about how high. I was thinking to set the Ruida to show 70% or 80% max power.

Any suggestions appreciated

My 60 watt tube specs says max current 20mA and that is a true 60 watt tube. The one that came with my ebay laser was definately not a 60w.

1 Like

My 80w specs 24mA, but I actually hit 80W at 22.5mA. I would expect you to be safe at 20mA. I wouldn’t go beyond that without measuring the actual tube output. If it’s not a good name brand tube, I’d stay at or below 19mA until you can check your output.

1 Like

What laser tube do you have in the machine? The clearest path to the most accurate answer will be specifying the manufacturer and model of your laser tube. From that information, you or others would be able to acquire the manufacturer’s specifications.

As far as the Ruida controller, when you have determined the safe ceiling of current on your laser tube, maximum output on the controller should be set to 99%. Your laser PSU should be calibrated using the trim pot on it so at 99% power on a layer the current on the tube is right at that safe ceiling.

Some helpful info:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.