60W Laser tube - Power issues - Full power at 40%

Hello, I have a TL-A1 controller on 60W tube laser machine.
First of all, in the first month I had an issue of small shocks on every pulse and I found out that the seller made a bad wiring. After that, I am having issues to set the power. If I set 40% on LB or in the controller, the tube fires 100% of its power (I can see on the amperimeter).

I thought that the problem was the power supply and the seller sent me a new one. After wiring this issue continues and I don’t know what could be causing this.

On the firts day that this machine arrived I made a power scale test and all was working just fine.
Now at 25% the power is equal to 50% of tube’s power and 40% its reach 100%.

The amperimeter is showing 22ma at 40% and 100%. At 25% it is at 14ma.

Any clues?
Thanks

I think we need more clues. :slight_smile:

For this Topwisdom TL-A1, how was it incorrectly wired on delivery and how is it currently wired.

What information can you share about the high voltage Laser Power Supply (LPS)?

A simple resolution to determine if it’s the controller or the lps.

With a voltmeter, measure the pwm signal to the lps… if it’s constant and the tube current changes it’s the lps/tube…

:smile_cat:

Sorry about this delay response.

Now I see that I made a bad writing here, i’m sorry. I meant that some wires was loose, like the earth grounding and other cables.

My multimeter is broken right now, but I found out the problem (I think).

When the sorts happend, my controller blinked sometimes and freezed. The controller was reseted and some configurations was changed. I had to set again the Laser Setting Tabs and all working now as suposed to.

Thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.