Lets start out with this. The smell makes me want to vomit… I am not sure I will do this again. I mean its bad…
What I did. Started with painting half the canvas red the other half blue. Let it dry for a while then painted black.
My laser wont fire any lower than 9% so I figured I would do tests at 400mm/s starting at 9% and increasing by 1% just to figure out whats up. As you can see on the top row we quickly stripped just about all the paint on the top row.
Second row I figured lets increase it to 500mm/s and keep the rest the same. While the second square had a little more paint you can see I had to abort there too.
So… 9% turns out to be the only thing I can use… So I started on the third row all 9% dropping down by 50mm/s each square going left.
The bird on the bottom is a duck flying a way that a photographed earlier this year and then used lightburn to turn into a fun little drawing.
So what would I do different. Well… I think I need more paint. I only put one layer of color and one layer of black. I think it would do better with a good base code of white or something. Then give it two layers of color and perhaps two layers of black to cover it up. I might just order a lower powered laser to mess with too. 80w is a bit much
Let me know what you may or may not have tried. Oh and if you try it be ready for the stink