8mp lightburn camera mount

Here is my take on the 8mp camera mount. All cut from 3mm acrylic.

You’ll need…3mm acrylic
3- m3x20 machine screws
3- m3 nuts
4- 6-32 x .5 machine screws
4- 6-32 nuts
1- 10-32 x 1 carriage bolt
1- 10-32 wingnut

8mp lb cam v4.lbrn (44.2 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Eric.
I do not yet have a camera, will soon purchase one.
I would like to have the simplest mount possible - just a backplate and mount.

Will something like this work?

That would work, but would leave the camera unprotected. With my design, there is minimal chance that the camera board itself can get hit by the gantry or affected by soot or smoke.

True.
Once I’ll get my camera I will check my options. i might consider transparent heat-shrink for the camera body. Thanks again for sharing your design.

Any chance you have a pic of the final assembled product? What did you use to attach the camera to the machine itself? Thanks!

@Squid did you ever get your camera set up?

Show us some pics if you did.

Cheers

Sas

Hey Sas, - No, not yet. I am still learning about these for choosing the right one which best fits my needs and budget. the more you wait to buy something you want, the more you realize how much you didn’t know about the product. in this case, i was debating with myself whether i need 8mp or 5mp for such a small 300x200mm bed, 500mm above. then i learned one is 4:3 and the other 16:9 aspect ratio, and also that there are same looking / form factor cameras on the open market but the ones lightburn sells have a slightly different firmware, and so on…

these days i watch my cutter using one of my 3d printer’s web cam but no fancy stuff - just watching while placing my shapes for cut - nothing to do with lightburn overlay and such. not yet.

1 Like

Is there an assemled picture of this module? I have cut the acrylic parts but struggling to put them together. Any help will be appreciated.