9.24 offset fill bug?

I have created this file and all was ok until I added the 4 small holes inside the blue border. The border is set to Offset Fill. The preview shows the interior all black. If I change the blue border to just Fill, it all looks fine. I did try adding a small offset to the holes, but the result was the same.
Rachael house sign 300 x 200.lbrn (22.2 KB)

The offset fill is a great tool, so hopefully this can be fixed.
Update: this looks the same a s the bug report from Dec. If change the optimisation settings to Layer rather than group, then it works ok.

Cheers

David

I am seeing the same, using your file. Personally I would use ‘Flood Fill’ for the blue border, that works.

Offset fill is so much faster. On this project with Offset fill the time is 15 mins, with fill and flood fill it’s 27mins, with Fill only not flood, it’s 1hr an 7 mins!
The old problems with the bad corners on offset fill have been fixed by using constant power mode. It’s now my go to mode for borders like this.

Cheers

David

Aah, got ya, never used offset fill. Thanks for the info.

I’ll have a look at this - the code that sorts inner / outer shapes has a setting that tells it whether to pay attention to layer ordering or not, and it likely needs to ignore that setting when being used by Offset Fill.

Verified here, logged as a bug and included a link to this thread so we can let folks know when it’s fixed.

1 Like

Thanks Oz, much appreciate you taking a look.

Cheers
David

This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Thanks very much Oz.

Cheers

David

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.