Absolute Coordinates

I am installing my camera and noticed that in the dropdown menu for positioning, absolute coordinates is not there as an option. The only option I have is Control Settings. What do I do now? My controller is an AWC.

Trocen controllers do not allow the software to change the origin mode - you have to do it through the controller panel menu.

Hi Oz,
The only option in the “start from” drop down menu is “Controller Setting”. “User Origin” is not there at all. Does this matter?

The software cannot set that for you on a Trocen controller - you have to change the setting to ‘Soft Origin’ in the controller panel menus. The link I shared above has the steps to do it.

Hi Oz,
I set the soft origin on the controller. When I go back to Lightburn to calibrate camera alignment and click on the center of the target, the laser head does not move to the area I click on. I am sorry that I apparently don’t understand what I am doing now and am very frustrated with myself over it. I don’t like having to keep asking for help over and over. I followed the link instructions to this but get no response. It is like I am not doing anything but standing here. The controller settings in the drop down menu only has “Controller Settings” as an option. After setting the soft origin, when I go to calibrate, I now get a message that pops up twice telling me to set controller to soft origin even though it has already been set. Am I not going to be able to use this option with the camera after all or is there a step I am missing. I feel totally stupid at this point. Sorry to be a bother.

You will never see an option other than “Controller Setting” in that drop down, because your controller does not let me choose it.

LightBurn is supposed to read the setting from the controller, and only warn you if it is not correct, but it’s possible that you have a firmware version that’s different, and not returning that setting properly.

The camera alignment pattern is dead simple - it’s a 180mm square, and the markers are the four corners of it.

Load this file:
alignmenttargets.lbrn (40.4 KB)

Select everything, hit ‘P’ to center it on your workspace, then scale it up if you need to, by entering a scale value here:

Set power and speed how you like them and run the file. Then you can skip the part of the camera alignment wizard that runs the job and go straight to the part where you click the targets. If you aren’t trying to run the file through the camera alignment tool, LightBurn shouldn’t complain.

Oz, Thank you for your time. I got it figured out and was having so much fun with it I forgot to message you back!!! Thank you so much for not only your time but a software that definitely meets my needs.

You guys are AMAZING!! and have tremendous customer support.

Happy to hear you got it all sorted out, and even more so that you’re a happy camper. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.