Accessing LB via my network

I tried this, but couldn’t get it to work. I’d like to eliminate the USB cable, I just have too many hooked to my computer. I used to do this with RDWorks, but when I switched to LB, I hooked up my USB cable. I found how to do it, but it didn’t seem to work. TIA

What exactly did you do? Details are useful.

I’m going to go finish writing the FAQ on setting up Ruida with network connections. I’ll post a link here when I’m done.

Here:

1 Like

Using a multi-platform tool like ‘angry IP scanner’ makes finding your laser really easy.

https://angryip.org/download/

Also, your FAQ only works for Windows.

OK, stupid me. I had inadvertently set my HTPC to the same IP as my laser. So, when I glanced at the FAQ you listed above it triggered the memory of doing such a dumb move. I am a bit of a computer and network expert, and sometimes I just do some stupid things. I’ll chalk it up to getting old. Thanks, @LightBurn for the idea. And a good FAQ. Now I can use the network for my laser, again.

@Bonjour I just go into PFSense and look and what IP’s are assigned in the DHCP list.

Its surprising how many experts make mistakes… I put in the wrong subnet for an entire car factory network and couldn’t work out why the rest of the team couldn’t connect - I was fine! :slight_smile:

That’s one way of doing it, but not everyone has a separate firewall or the nous to use/access it.

Angry IP is free and easy.

Ruida controllers don’t support DHCP, so you actually have to assign an IP manually, and I think Trocen is the same. They come preconfigured to 192.168.1.100, so if you have a different subnet, or your DHCP is in that ‘100’ range, you’re hosed. :slight_smile:

Yes, this part I know, and will add the command line bits for Mac & Linux when I have a bit more time. This was quick & dirty to get Steve going, and capture it in the right spot for later. Windows covers 80% of the users.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.