Acrylic Hearts coming out great!

took a while to get these right…

I created the files in Corel then moved them to Lightburn. because it was a graphic file, it had the white “square” around the design which made it hard to align to the cast acrylic heart. SO I did an outline trace and used that. The engraving was a very ugly result with horizontal lines and a “crosshatched” finish.

What I finally discovered after a lot of reading was that I need to engrave in a grayscale. The outline trace was the issue. I still needed to use the outline trace for precision alignment, so I did the alignment with the outline trace layer, then used it to align the original graphic over the top of the outline. Turn off the output for the outline, and finally got the results I was looking for!

2 Likes