Adding signature to members

Would it be a good idea to allow everyone to add a signature to there account? The information could provide other members with what size machine they have, wattage, other software and attachments they have. I think it would be useful if the poster doesn’t include needed info in a post. Example below…

Josh Creswell
60w Red and Black Chinese Laser
700mmx500mm TR
Flatbed rotary
RD V8.01.18
LB V0.8.07
Windows 7
Middle Tennessee
615customs. bigcartel. com

I think this has been discussed before, and it’s just a spam-fest really. You can put pertinent information in your profile, and it can be seen by clicking on your profile picture next to your name.

1 Like

I implemented an extension of this on the C3D Forum yesterday and we could do something similar here, let me know what you think:

https://forum.cohesion3d.com/t/announcement-custom-fields-in-your-profile/261/2

2 Likes

I like that idea. Best of both.

Josh has a good point. When you are trying to help someone it saves wasted effort and guessing if you know what kind of machine and major accessories the person is using. For example, advice for a person using a Ruida with a chuck rotary is going to be different than for a person using a Cohesion with a hot dog rotary. The way the RDWorks lab has a summary of equipment on the right side of a post is a nice method.

1 Like

We’re trying to figure out a way to do it that’s clean, and avoids a huge block of machine info and web links below every post.

1 Like

I wouldn’t allow the web site, I was using mine from another site as an example.

The ‘Machines’ user field is now enabled.

Now when you’re reading, you can single click on a user’s name/ pic and if they’ve filled it out, their user card that pops up will contain their response.

You all can navigate to your profile to add or change this section.

2 Likes

That looks like a great solution. Thanks Ray.

That is a much better solution than signatures. Too many people try to put a whole website inside signatures.

And sure enough, here’s a new field that no one will fill out when they sign up   <evil laugh>

Something about leading a horse to water…

I prefer the old style signatures - seems like there should be a way to prevent people from abusing it.

1 Like

Just saw this post, and went in to add my machine to my profile… Thanks, def. better than a stick in your eye! :stuck_out_tongue: