Additional GCode M14 (Fan on) not working - manual gcode command works

Dear Forum,

I am new to Lightburn and to my Laser Master Pro 2 S2.
All works like charm so far.
Additionally I bought an Ortur Enclosure S2.

Via Console I can use
M12 – Turn Light On
M13 – Turn Light Off

M14 – Turn Fan On
M15 – Turn Fan Off

So I tried to use M14 and M15 as additional GCode to start/stop the fan when beginning/finishing a Laser Project. But nothing happens.
I exported the project as GCode and can see the commands, but the fan is not turning on.

I also noticed, that when manually starting the fan via console the fan stops when homing the laser.

Can somebody tell me, what I do wrong?

Here is one GCode example

; LightBurn 1.3.01
; GRBL-LPC device profile, absolute coords
; Bounds: X7 Y8 to X107 Y108

;USER START SCRIPT
M14

;USER START SCRIPT

G00 G17 G40 G21 G54
G90
M4
; Cut @ 1000 mm/min, 100% power
M8
G0 X7Y8
; Layer C00
G1 Y108S1000F1000
X107
Y8
X7
M9
G1 S0
M5
G90
; return to user-defined finish pos
G0 X0 Y0

;USER END SCRIPT
M15

;USER END SCRIPT
M2

I have a kind of the same issue…
In the user start script I have M12 & M14 to turn the light on and start the fan.
Both are working, but just before starting the laser, the fan turns off again.
The light stays on…
Incidentally the fan keeps running after the start. But that’s only 1:20 times.
Running Ortur LM Pro2 firmware 1.90

I am a step further.
As soon as at least one Layer has Air Assist enabled the Fan of the enclosure stops.
This is annoying. Especially since I will upgrade my Laser with an Air assist. In this combination the air assist may work but the fan of the enclosure won‘t suck off all the smoke.

Any solutions Lightburn?

Unfortunately this is going to be a firmware issue, not a software one. Air assist is controlled by M8 to turn it on and M9 to turn it off. Those should be completely independent of any other M commands for other accessories.

Try typing this sequence into the console:

M8
M14

On the first command the air assist should come on. On the second, the fan should turn on. If the second command also turns off the air assist, then this is a firmware problem and not something we can solve from software.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.