After activating my license on Lightburn I am getting constantly this message. There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused

Hello I have an Ortur Laser Master v 2 20 watts. After downloading the Lightburn trial version I installed it in my MacBook and use it for 20 days without problems. Everything was smooth. Love the software and functions.

After paying for my license and activating the code now its a nightmare. Everytime I am going to move the laser to position works ok, but if I press command key to move in shorter steps it stalls. I need to disconnect on Lightburn and select the COM port again and the laser resets to home position. Once I am able to put the laser in position I press play it stalls again (busy blue line) and sends this error:

There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused.

I didn’t move anything from my trial version to my definitive one. I tried resetting the mac, resetting the laser, different order, change COM port on the Mac, delete the Device and create it again. Nothing works. I read all the post related to this message but nothing works.

Please help I am working on an order and its really complicated to work like this.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 9.20.57 PM

I have the same system, and the same problem. the only difference is, I do not get a message that I lose connection it just freezes

Almost certainly this is the error:

This seems to be the single largest stumbling block for Ortur users. The default is ‘Absolute Coords’ and until you understand how the different starting modes work, you should use the default setting.
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CoordinatesOrigin.html

ok thanks for the quick response, but i want to navigate the laser with the arrows tabs with the laser at 1% and usually i can only move the laser a few times and then it freezes.

And actually I want to do is enter the first point and then set the second point to align my project.

Is this solution the same?

No, because you do not have the same problem. You are hitting the bug in Ortur firmware. LightBurn asks the controller for its position and the controller doesn’t answer. LightBurn waits forever for an answer that never arrives.

You can bypass this issue by turning on ‘Continuous Jogging’ in the Move window. You will also need to enable $J jogging in Edit > Device Settings, then restart, for the option to appear.

Ortur is aware of the bug and presumably working to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.