After installation on a new PC, take over the Lightburn settings and license

the problem is i cant finfd preference folder in any of the files i have

what i have done is baught new pc installed lb on there,then plugged old hard drive into new pc but cant find the file on any of the hard drives.could it be i never saved them in the first place.

C:\Users…\AppData\Local\LightBurn

there it is with me just have to see what comes under you …

Right Oz, all zeros.
I opened it on the new PC with notepad.
But I still don’t understand why it works on the old PC. I will now copy all files again.

ok if i go into prefs from new install ihave a prefs ini old in there with no cog on.but i cant open lb from old hard drive to find it on there.if you understand what i mean.

copy the file from the old folder and replace it in the current folder. However, make sure that Lightburn is closed.

this is my problem i cant find it in the old folder

Now it works.
The USB stick had an error.
Thanks to all involved.

Greetings Andre ’

OK. Then you have to contact one of the admins. That’s where my knowledge ends. Sorry

thanks for trying do appreciate it

is there a way to back everything up,got to redo my camera now as well.dont want to go through all this again.

The prefs file on the old hard drive will be in \Users<your user name>\AppData\Local\LightBurn. It’s a hidden folder (at least the AppData part is) so you might just need to enter the path into the browser, like this:

When you have that drive mounted on a different system, it won’t be C: but the rest will be the same.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.