Air assist regarding

Hi , can I use my air assist system ortur air pump for hydrogel extrusion. We need 2bar and 20l/ minute.

No. Not even close.

I don’t know how your air assist works but it’s very unlikely. Air compressors are build to “pump” air, not fluids. There is a big difference between fluids and gases (air).

Probably using a pressure vessel.

We use manual and automatic pneumatic adhesive dispensers at work that meter a specific volume of air at a preset pressure into a pressure vessel. The air displaces the adhesive (also in the pressure vessel), which is forced out of the dispenser tip. There’s more to it than that, but the principle is widely adaptable.

In fact, most household water supplies that rely on a private well source also use pneumatic pressure vessels to do the exact same thing. Slightly different design (water inside an elastic membrane like a balloon, surrounded by pressurized air which is constrained by a rigid casing), but same principle.

Many “ozone friendly” aerosol cans use this basic design as well.

Yes, I agree with that principle, but to maintain a constant flow there will have to be a pump to replace the fluid in the tank, or did I misunderstand what you mentioned?

I know perfectly well what you’re referring to,… it’s part of my job too. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.