Alarm 9 and laser not working

I have jst set up my Atomstack A5 Pro. I am using a Lenovo laptop (running windows 10), I have installed lightburn (for windows) and the driver. I followed the wizard setup for find my laser, the only thing i adjusted was the the working size (from the wizard found 10mmx10mm, to the atomstack dimensions - although i made it smaller than the manufacture’s dimensions, 350mm x 350mm). When I click the home button, the laser moves don to the corner, but then grinds for about 5 seconds before stopping. I have checked the belts but the error still continues:
ALARM:9

Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.

The test text I have put in the window to engrave, also comes up with the below errors, although the laser does move to position (but there is no laser).

<Idle|MPos:-451.000,-451.000,0.000|FS:0,0|Pn:P|WCO:0.000,0.000,0.000>

ok

Starting stream

Stream completed in 0:00

<Idle|MPos:131.712,238.100,0.000|FS:0,0|Pn:P|Ov:100,100,100>

ok

Starting stream

Starting stream

Layer C00

[MSG:M4 requires laser mode or a reversable spindle]

error:20

Unsupported or invalid g-code command found in block.

On or near line 2:

Job halted

Can anyone help with this?

You may have a couple of discrete issues going on.

Can you confirm that you have homing switches on your machine? If so, make sure that there’s nothing impeding the laser module from activating both the X and Y limit switches.

If no, then disable auto-home on startup and don’t use the homing button. You’ll need to manually home your machine by starting up with the laser module at front-left of machine.

Can you take a screenshot of Edit->Device Settings and post here?

Hi, thank you for replying!

Im not 100% sure if it has homing switches, but unselecting auto homing and manually setting it to home, seems to work.

Attached is the device settings.

Thanks in advance!

It’s worth confirming this as automated homing would be preferable. Look for actual physical switches that are actuated by the travel of the gantry and laser module to the front and left. They would most likely be a mechanical switch but could also be some other method of proximity sensing. If they are mechanical, you should be able to hear the actuation as well.

I don’t see anything obvious in the Device Settings that would have caused a problem.

Can you retest to see if you get the error:20 again?

If so, with the design loaded where you’re having the issue can you go to File->Save gcode, save with a .txt extension, and then upload the file here for review?

Maybe this will help with the Alarm:20…

Thank you very much! Your help got it working!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.