Alarm 9: Homing fail

In need of some help. Ortur laser master 2. I’m getting alarm 9. Homing fail. It worked a couple days ago and I have not changed anything. Checked wiring. Settings are the same. Any other suggestions? Thank you :blush:

Does the laser home successfully when powered on? When do you get this message?

Can you describe exactly what occurs prior to receiving this message? As much detail as possible please.

It doesn’t home when I turn it on or when I hit home button. It won’t test fire either. The message appears as soon as I turn it on

Check the power supply. Make sure it’s actually plugged in. If you have a meter, make sure you’re getting 12V. Sounds like the machine isn’t getting power.

Also, you could try disconnecting the USB and trying to turn on. If it doesn’t that means you’re not getting power to the controller.

I assume it did home, as we are all suspicious of a “I didn’t touch anything” claim. Hoping you are right.

Based on that, check all switches if possible, including the connections at both ends.

This is mine when it fails to home…

ok
Homing
ALARM:9
Homing fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5 * pulloff on locate phases.
ok
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok

You can manually trigger the switches and watch the output in the ‘console’, ensuring the switch is functional

ALARM:1
Hard limit triggered. Machine position is likely lost due to sudden and immediate halt. Re-homing is highly recommended.
[MSG:Reset to continue]
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.