Aliasing on engraving (Comgrow Z1)

Hi,

I’m recently purchase a Comgrow Z1 which is a nice upgrade from my tiny Ortur M1!
It’s very quick, with impressive cutting results, I’m very happy with that :slightly_smiling_face:

But I have weird results when engraving fine details although using vector files: I see aliasing on the object (especially with “negative” details: engraving around the element). I don’t know if it’s an hardware limitation, an hardware issue or a setting to change in Lightburn.

On this picture, you can see on the left a test form the Ortur, very smooth, and on the right the result on the Z1:

I use a higher speed on the second one, but the effect is still visible on a similar speed (with less laser power). The other settings seems to be the same, including the space between lines (0.1mm).

And my file (.ai) as a ref:

Do you have any idea of the problem?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Arthur

This is the result of signal latency in your system while burning bidirectionally.
There is a way to compensate.

Alternatively burn only in one direction and no need to compensate.

Actually, with another look - maybe not.
Both burns are rasterized, even if source is a vector. Maybe second machine has lower mechanical resolution? What are the GRBL settings for $100, $101for each machine? If they are different - this would be the difference in mechanical resolution and what appeared to be the aliasing.

What resolution of the fill are you using? Is it the same for both examples?

1 Like

Hi Sal,
Thanks a lot for your answer :slight_smile:
$100 and $101 have the same values for both machine (80,000), and the resolution (the interval right?) is the same: 0.1mm.

You were right about signal latency! Deactivate the bidirectionally corrects indeed the issue.
And after following the offset adjustment tutorial (and reactivate the bidirectionally), the result is way better :slight_smile:

Here is 3 tests: with bidirectionally and no adjustment, with bidirectionally and adjustment and without bidirectionally

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.