Alignment of the 8MP camera from Lightburn

I have a problem with the alignment of the 8MP camera from Lightburn.
After I finally managed to calibrate the lens, the camera has to be aligned.
But unfortunately the test image is drawn so large in the Y-axis that I can’t laser it,
because it is drawn up to the 600mm travel distance.

I have read here that the controller must be set to Soft Origin.

Unfortunately, I cannot find this setting in the RDC6445S, I can only switch to multiple origin.

I don’t know how to get the test image smaller so that the laser also starts?

I have already set the starting point to the center and tried everything.
I am at a loss.

Best Udo

Here you can change the size:

LightBurn usually selects a size fitting to the workspace, but you can change anyhow. Though, I don’t own a Ruida controller and don’t know if there are any differences.

Oh my god am I blind. :see_no_evil:
I didn’t see that, it says 273.
Thank you very much.

Hi,
I’m still at war with the alignment.
My problem is that I have always had the lens optics below 0.25.
The 0.25 is actually in the 4 corners, top bottom and sides center, I was even at 0.1 to 0.12.
After I went through the Camera Aligment Wizzard, my outer corners unfortunately don’t fit.

The original registration marks, if I capture them via the camera, put a cross over them and then glue them over, fit quite well, let’s say I could live with it.
But in the outer corners, on the other hand, it doesn’t fit at all.
Unfortunately, I can only enlarge the sample image to the almost maximum height of my table, I can’t go any further out.

What can I do to improve the accuracy in the corners, unfortunately I can’t think of anything else.
I have now run through the whole thing 6 times, including the lens optimization, until I have obtained top values.

I bought the original 8MP from Lightburn and attached it to the lid, I didn’t even close the lid, so there is no change in the camera position in relation to the table.

I also find that despite the 8MP, the image is not really blurry and easy to recognize when capturing.
Here, too, I tried to optimize everything possible before I went through the wizard.
I just couldn’t get any more image quality out of it.

Is that perhaps the reason?

I hope someone else has an idea what I can do.
Incidentally, the laser has an area of 900x600mm.

Here are a few more pictures of my results

Center

Screenshots from Lightburn for setting the crosses.
Here you can already see that it is quite blurred, but that’s all you can adjust. :frowning:

Here are pictures of the original marks from the Wizard.
I can live with that.

but now the outside corners

and an overview of the whole table with my sample board, which I also glued onto a plastic board.

I took the overview with the smartphone, not with the 8MP from the lid.

Best Udo

I’d suggest rerunning lens calibration.

Before you do so, paste down the calibration pattern onto a known flat surface such that it’s laying perfectly flat. Any distortion resulting from a non-flat surface will be transferred onto the overlay.

Hi,

Okay, I’ll do it again.

The last time I did it, I had great values, even 0.08 in one place, the worst values are in the 4 corners, where the values are max. 0.25, I can’t do any better.

At least I don’t know how to improve it, unless I use a different camera.
I’ve already looked on Amazon, for example, there are 16MP cameras that have a distortion-free lens with an angle of 120 degrees.

I had written under the picture where you can see the pattern that I would put it on a
plastic plate.

“and an overview of the whole table with my sample board, which I also glued onto a plastic board.”

Best Udo

After rerunning lens calibration and camera alignment, create a design in LightBurn of a grid of markers that cover the entire work area.

Burn that to a material, then capture the overlay. Use the width, height, and X/Y shift controls to fine-tune the alignment. Then save.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.