Alignment pattern

Hello everyone, I’d like to know why the alignment pattern is a square as most of laser’s bed are rectangular. thanks

In principle, it could be a round slice with a pattern used for the “calculations”, that is, it is the distances and measured of content that is important

True, but my area that can be burned is nearly square (380x385mm). My 3040 CNC machine is as well (290x303mm). It seems working area is where the alignment grid should be applied.

Hi Mikey here are some working area
Trotec Speedy 400 1016 x 610 mm
Trotec Speedy 360 813 x 508 mm
Trotec Speedy 300 726 x 432 mm
Epilog Fusion Maker 12 610 x 305 mm
Epilog Fusion Maker 36 914x610 mm
My diy machine is 640x380 mm
Nothing really square here but thanks for response
Cheers

In order to calculate and correct the angle deviation, it is subordinate to what shape a machine bed has. During the process, the sides, corners and center are put “in relation” to be able to calculate the optical correction that is needed.

Is there a specific problem you are having with the alignment?

ps. most Chinese machines and their relabeled counterparts in the EU/USA are not square. Mine are (have been) 600x400, 320x230, 400x300 mm

Not me! The important parameter is “are the frame diagonal measurements equal?” Make your own grid layout. Start at 0,0 and lay down lines (with Lightburn of course) 5mm apart, both horizontal and vertical, until you reach the travel limits. I see no need to depend on some ready-made grid program, especially considering the variety of machine sizes and shapes available.

…it’s possible, but that’s the pattern the LightBurn folks have chosen for their calculations.
It is no secret that there is “room for improvement” as far as camera alignment is concerned, therefore work is also being done on a new improved version.
I personally have always been able to set up my camera for submillimeter use, in fact I’m under 0.5mm deviation, that is, I have no problem with the accuracy of the existing system. I just want an option to be able to control the light, but that is a “luxury” problem.

I went down the wrong path! I do not do the camera, so I never thought that was the subject on the thread. My bad, I apologize!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.