All fonts engrave the same

I am running Zorin linux. I have tried to change the font many times and they all come out the same cartoony font. I have done this before with Windows and each font came out as it should. Is there something I need to fix? Please let me know if I am just being dense.

I assume you’re using the Linux version of LightBurn, rather than trying to run the Windows version in Wine.

If the fonts are installed in Zorin and available to other programs, then they should work fine with LightBurn. I run Manjaro, which has the same manual font setup as Arch Linux, and all the fonts are available in LightBurn.

Part of the manual font installation running a command to update the font caches:

sudo fc-cache -f -v

Restarting the programs that use the fonts after installing new ones & updating the cache seems to be required; I suppose the programs scan for the fonts when they start up and assume things remain stable after that.

Yes, I used the .run download file.

I used the fc-cache and then restarted everything and tried several other fonts and I still had them all looking cartoony

Take a screenshot & show us: maybe you’re just living in Comic Sans World.

Somebody else may have a better suggestion. :frowning_face:

Classical question in this kind of situation: do you see the other fonts OK in other programs, like a word processor, or Inkscape, etc.?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.