Another Rotary Setup Question

This is on a shenhui-350 laser. I can get the rotary to work in the x- and y-axis but the y-axis (rotary) doesn’t stretch out far enough. It is bout 20% shorter than it should be.

To setup I started with 0 steps per rotation, 25mm roller diameter and 79.2mm part diameter. The last two were measured dimensions. The part that I don’t understand is the steps per rotation doesn’t change anything on the function of the rotary. I can drop that to any number, I went as small as 10, and it still cuts that axis the same. The x-axis works great. No issues there…

EDIT: I should add that I am using the latest version of LB (.9.02)

Have you used the “enable rotary” feature and received a response indicating that it was accepted by the laser?

Is that somewhere other than Tools > Rotary Setup?

Which controller is in your laser? Older Ruida controllers, like the RDLC-320A, don’t support rotary settings, so you actually have to change the Y steps or Y scale. I want to detect and manage this for you in LightBurn, but haven’t yet.

Maybe that is the issue. I don’t have as fancy of a screen on my laser so I think its the older type. LB says it connects to a 644xg but I’m not sure that is true. But it works for other stuff.

When you change the settings and then return to the rotary setup page, are they still present, or revert to some other values?

sorry, I missed this reply… They are still present. They don’t revert. They stay the same thing that I typed in but they don’t change the behavior of the machine as all.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.