Any issues using a Mac?

I am looking at using a MacBook to run Lightburn as the old PC is dying. Any feedback for or against (or suggestions) welcome. Thanks in advance.

Pedro

I use LightBurn on Mac’s every day, all day, for at lease the last 3 years. It works great. Try our 30-day free trial to check it out for yourself prior to purchasing, to ensure it addresses your needs and works for your requirements. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using LightBurn on a windows laptop for several months now and I think that it is the best thing since sliced bread. In my business I use macs and I now have a good spare macbook pro (just as the currently connected windows laptop is intermittently failing). Is there any differences between LightBurn on the two operating systems that I should be careful of?

The only real difference would be fonts - if you install the same font files on the PC and Mac, moving files between them should be seamless. If a font on one system has the same name, but isn’t the same file, it might render differently on the two different systems. Other than that, they should be identical in how they operate.

MacOS itself has an issue with USB connections with some laser systems because of a driver conflict between the MacOS supplied virtual serial driver and the FTDI driver used by Ruida and TopWisdom. If you connect to the laser with USB this might be an issue, but Ethernet connections aren’t affected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.