ANYCUBIC Mega Pro 3D Printer Support

I just got a ANYCUBIC Mega Pro 3D Printer and it has a laser attachment if their can be added support I would have a interest in buying the software if anyone elts wants too support this idea link is below thanks :smiley:

ANYCUBIC Mega Pro 3D Printer Support Ā· LightBurn

Have you checked some threads? I only glanced but it looks like you might have a Marlin controller and can use it.

1 Like

Again the only thing holding me back from buying the program is it canā€™t find my laser on itā€™s own and I think their are other users looking for this as well and sympathize with me

LightBurn didnā€™t just automagically find my laser either and itā€™s common. Thatā€™s not the point of what I said. What controller do you have? Have you tried the other threads where others have?

How do I find that???

AnyCube uses a proprietary firmware that looks like a custom version of Marlin.

I found this to help with understand, https://all3dp.com/2/anycubic-i3-mega-firmware-update/

You will find many threads talking about what is required to support this hardware. I suggest you get a fresh cup of your fav beverage, and hit the search here on this forum for further on the subject. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

according to that page and I donā€™t want to risk bricking the device or where I cant print using cura

The Anycubic i3 Mega canā€™t run Marlin, but thereā€™s a customized version of Marlin V1.1.9 suited for the Mega. The customized version, made by David Ramiro, is based on the official Marlin firmware. It is also open source, and you can see all of the newest updates as well as installation instructions, known issues, and more on the official GitHub page.

Any Updates?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.