Anyone have this machine?

I have the yellow and black 60 watt with the Rudia controller that has been great. I have a friend retiring and he and his wife are looking at this machine. It is located in California and seems to have great specs but I wanted to check here with you all to see if any of you know anything about it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099KKFX9M/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&fbclid=IwAR2_AqolDOP_V2sivUKJLn3PEl7ZUgwSy06iS3X8zU5PJAJRfBEPzPYmUZg&psc=1&ref=sspa_mw_detail_6&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw

What do you want to know? You can find anything you want by visiting the website. All you need to know is how old the tube is, mods, etc. It’s a $3k machine but if it has 40 hours on it you can assume its fine.

He is buying new…And I am asking because websites can say anything. I wanted to know if customer service even existed and if they needed parts were they shipped in a timely manner…Not my first rodeo with co@ lasers.

Mine had a power supply go out and a water flow sensor and the parts were received quickly.

The reason for the question was for anyone that might have this particular unit to share their personal observations, issues, ease of use, advice, customer service (or lack of), etc. I know next to nothing except what I’ve learned on YouTube, the internet, and conversations with friends.

I’d appreciate any information or recommendations.

Thanks for posting this Bob. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have two of the 60 watt versions. Same size machine just a shorter tube.both have been great…never an issue…use them regularly. I wanted to get the larger version of the 80 watt machine that has a larger work capacity but…won’t fit in my basement…well through the door. Otherwise I wouldn’t hesitate to get one. Ruida controller so it’s great with lightburn. Will have their digital power supply with real time amp meter so that’s nice. Work size same as mine…big enough usually but I laser large slab wood so I use the pass through a lot.
The auto focus is the only thing I don’t use as you have to calibrate the probe if you change lens and I do so I just manually focus with a jig. But Z is moved by a stepper unlike the lower versions which use a knob you crank. So that’s kind of nice…usually.
Check the condition of all mirrors when unpacking. Last one I bought all three mirrors looked like someone wiped grease on them. But that’s the only thing that was ever wrong. I have the two 60 watt versions, again exact same machine and also the 50 watt…only ever replaced consumables…lens…mirrors and a tube after a ton of use.

1 Like

Check eBay as they sell them cheaper on there than Amazon.
[Omtech](Oh check eBay…because OM tech is usually cheaper through their than Amazon.
80 watt omtech
Another omtech 80
I have purchased from both these sellers…same machine…I think ships from same us wharehouses

1 Like

Remember these are ‘Chinese government’ designs. They are used by any Chinese manufacturer and consequently look very much alike.

Mine is a ‘China Blue’ 50 watt (44 watt 880mm tube) model with a number of mods.

Much of the equipment is stable, but items like Laser Power Supplies (lps) sometimes don’t ‘meet specifications’ during manufacture. These are not destroyed, they are sold to ‘manufacturers’ that create very low cost machine, identical to the more costly ‘meets specification’ machines.

They are sold as ‘new’ machines. Most users don’t have the knowledge to know if an lps meets specifications or not and if the tube sent with it is a ‘2nd’ source tube, also of lower quality.

The very best deals usually get it to the US and it’s your problem to get it though customs and to your home.

I paid $2k for mine from OMTech. Has a 60watt lps, was delayed a couple of weeks by shipping issues, but has been a good machine.

Anytime you buy this equipment from China it’s kind of a crap shoot…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

3 Likes

That is a significant price difference. Thanks for the heads up and information in your previous part.

1 Like

I will second the comment on the quality of parts, especially the tube itself. I have a tube that was an EFR quality control reject. It was re-labeld and put in my generic 80W machine.

Example: A good 80W tube will have a max test wattage of around 95W. My QC reject had a max test wattage of 87W. I still get 80W out of it, but it’s pushing the max of the tube fairly regularly. I just up my power testing to twice a year instead of annually and keep on truckin’ When the power starts dropping, time to start tube shopping instead of fighting it and then going out one morning to a tube that won’t fire right when one of her ‘important’ projects needs to be cut.

1 Like

All the sellers listed ship from a US warehouse. Usually takes about 7 business days on average to get it. Never had an issue…I bought three as stated. Had one arrive with damage from a moron at FedEx freight drive a fork truck through the crate…put a dent in one of the side rolling cart frame. Seller just gave me a 75 dollar credit back…didn’t affect anything and was not their issue.
These are packed very well…obviously anything can happen but that’s always a risk with anything shipped.

2 Likes

I bought my 60 watt through Amazon and it’s not cheaper but it gives you peace of mind when ordering.

Search the forum for more about them. I have one and customer service is 100% Chinese, the warehouse in California is just that, a warehouse. They’ll have the same machine listed with minor differences. They’re all the same at the core. None of them are perfect out of the box, they’re tinkering machines. You’ll need to upgrade the air pump, water cooler, honeycomb bed, laser head etc. If they want out of the box it’ll cost them around $9k or so for a decent machine, if they want a laser that works but they want a bargain they’ll end up spending about half or so depending.

I was an idiot and accidentally misaligned the laser tube. They not only don’t have parts, but it takes days to get them to admit it. You’re just better off getting parts from Russ Sadler or Cloudray if they have them.

Out of alignment from shipping? Won’t cut. Don’t remove enough smoke from the inside of the machine? Won’t cut. We don’t know the purpose of what they’ll use the machine for.

As long as you pay with something reliable and that has protection, you can get the same machine for less or with mods that you like from E-bay.

This is the closest machine to what you posted. https://omtechlaser.com/collections/mid-range-co2-laser-engravers/products/80w-co2-laser-engraver-cutter-usb-8r57-us

It would help if you told us their intended use and what you don’t understand about the listing.

I can tell you I have the 60 watt version of this and I was sold a Ruida controller but received a Ruida clone controller. Works just fine but it’s not Ruida. You should get an actual Ruida but who knows?

I will make a positive comment on Amazon. I purchased my 80W through Amazon, had a few minor problems the first few months. seller was a bit sluggish, but took care of it. The about 60 days in the in line flow switch partially failed significantly reducing flow. But the switch said I had good flow. Seller really started balking at replacing the tube until Amazon jumped in with both feet on the third party seller guarantee. That saved me lots of time and money. Got the new tube in 3 days just before Christmas.

3 Likes

Love it have had mine for 6 months and OMTECH is awesome to deal with

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.