Anyone Need a backlit "Caution - Laser In Use" sign?

I was using this as an example to help someone out earlier today, but then I decided to just make it and well, here it is. Video link also demonstrates the out-focused line technique for dramatic time saving.

LaserSign_Caution_Filled_Version.lbrn (329.8 KB)

LaserSign_Caution_No_Fill_Lines_Only.lbrn (108.2 KB)

12 Likes

Great instructional post.

Awesome inspirational post.

It reminds me of this funny I recently came across

2 Likes

Just need to add at the bottom:
“Approach cautiously with remaining good eye!”

Very nice!
I use Smoothie. with smoothie you can configure a logic TTL signal which is fully on or fully off based on laser tube excitation. I have implemented this feature to my great satisfaction. I have added red led on top of the leaser head so each time the tube gets exited :slight_smile: it turns on even without any radiation output e.g - even if i power only 1% - this led turns on fully. i did so for making it clear an invisible laser is in action and to be careful not to stick my hands where one shouldn’t.

I did that before purchasing lightburn about 6 months ago as a safety measure.

Now, - Your sign made me think this over.
I am using M106 command which turns on my fumes extractor and my air-assist before job starts and M107 for turning these off, but i never thought of using this output for turning an alert sign. as hard as it is to admit - I failed in adding 1 + 1 :slight_smile:

I will add that soon.
Thanks for sharing.

A quick add-on with what i had in hand.
old fluorescent fixture with transparent red tape on it. the picture does not do justice - the red light looks cool.

You sure do love your gadgets @Squid . I can see your passion … Nice Job!

hehe :slight_smile:
With age I’m getting more and more lazy but if things are at the reach of hand - i do them. that’s why i keep old stuff while telling myself “I don’t know what this will be used for but it will definitely be used for something”.

Do-Nothing-Spongebob

:rofl:

From what? Not from my filming right? The lid was closed. Safety first! :grinning:

1 Like

You planned this, Look at you …multiple camera :movie_camera: documentary guy…:joy:

Defocusing saves a TON of time when applicable. Ive also used it for engraving quite often when working on large projects. Time is money.

1 Like

What is the material that you made that out of?

https://www.piedmontplastics.com/resources/literatures/plaskolite-inc-optixR-ld-max-2406-white

And it’s a horrible acrylic for anything else other than it’s intended use. Brittle, chalky, heavy, and takes more power to work with.