Arrow keys change Y direction when Continuous Jog is active

Hi all,

I am using the trial version 1.4.00 and love it, will be purchasing if i can get this one thing sorted.

I am running a Trocen AWC 608 and have one problem i can not get sorted.
Machine origin is bottom left, set correctly in Lightburn etc, and machine behaves and cuts as expected.

When continuous jog is NOT ON the arrows move the laser head as expected, up arrow moves the the laser head toward the back, right arrow moves the laser head right etc.

When continuous jog IS ON the left and right arrows work the same, But the up and down arrows work the opposite, if i click the down arrow, the laser head moves towards the back of the machine.
The Y position updates correctly in relation to where the laser head is in both the Get position box and the “show last position”.

Interestingly, if i alter the machine settings and change the Y Keypad direction from Positive to Negative everything works perfectly in Lightburn, But now of course the Y on the machines keypad is flipped so this is an unsuitable solution.

Is this a bug or something i have overlooked?

Thanks,
Corey

@Corey Thank you for reporting this.

I don’t have a Trocen AWC608 controller on hand to test with but I’ll attempt to get this into testing with a coworker.

If you’re on a trial version of 1.4.00, then I can probably assume that this is a brand-new / fresh eyes installation. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Congrats on the Home-Built laser. I look forward to a picture thread after we get this resolved.

Under Edit, Device Settings, there’s an Origin setting in the pop-out window. Please confirm that it is present, active and matches what is available in the Laser window.

Looking at your Profile, I see that you’re on Windows 7.

A Windows 7 (or an early Windows 10 device) could have a 32 bit (x86) or a 64 bit (x64) CPU or processor. Please check the System info for the desktop and let me know. It’s unlikely related to the cause of the jog behavior but we like to know these things.

Thank you again, and please respond here when you get a chance. I’ll put this on follow and escalate it after we confirm the details above.

Hi John,

Thanks for the response.

Yes the origin setting is present, active and matches in the laser window and matches the machines physical limit/homing switches (bottom left).

Computer is 64 bit.

I am connected to the controller via Ethernet cable.

Kind regards,
Corey

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.