Assign not available

I created my materials library and was able to use it fine. Now, after starting my LIghtburn program today, I am trying to use my materials library and I can’t assign cut settings to a layer. The “assign” button isn’t highlighted, so I can’t use it.

You must select the layer you want to assign the properties of your material library to.
Can you make a screen dump?

Thanks for the respnse. Yesterday, there were two or three othere respnses that do not show today. Hey, ADMIN - any thoughts ?

I submitted a screen shot yesterday. Since it didn’t show up, here it is again.

You can´t assign material library definitions to an image layer.

Actually, you can if it is set up right. But for life of me, I can’t remember how I set it up.

The material library definition type (line/fill/image) automatically changes the destination layer to the library definition. You can’t change an image to a fill by toggling the layer type, so the assign is unavailable.

I’m guessing.

When you create a new entry, make the title “image” and you can assign it to image layers.

I didn’t know that trick. Thanks

This is the correct answer.

You can save Image layer settings to the Material Library by selecting an Image layer and clicking “Create new from layer” (no other steps are necessary).

However, you cannot Assign saved Image settings to vector graphics, nor can you Assign Fill, Line, or Offset Fill settings to an Image layer.

Thank you, I think I understand it all better. Thanks to all that offered their assistance.

Sorry, Joe Osier The few images I’ve made are processed in an external program and I haven’t dug deep into this detail. it’s one more thing that isn’t made clear in the Lightburn Docs. It might even give rise to a “Lightburn half-hidden features” topic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.