Atomstack A5 pro+ and Atomstack R3 (rotary)

i can’t setup Atomstack R5 with Light burn. What are the parameters? In what direction should I consider the arrangement of the elements?
I made a simple writing and arranged it vertically to try on a pen, but instead it created a series of lines that I cannot explain.
The rollers can be widened and narrowed … do not the parameters change when doing this?
I can’t find this information anywhere.

First, please save your settings and preferences before you proceed.

The following may be worth review:

The diameter of the object that you are engraving will matter in the setup.
The diameter of the roller on your rotary tool will matter.
It may also be helpful to know if there is a stepper motor reduction.

I still do not understand. I have that instruction document which references different versions of LightBurn.
Why do I have to save preferences?
I don’t want to have to play around with preferences every time I change the device.
It seems to me that there is only “enable rotation” to determine if I use a roller or not. I hope that’s the only way it is.
But there are parameters that I don’t know. For example the mm per rotation. How do I know them? The diameter of the roller also do not know. I know the diameter of each single roller, okay, but two rollers in pairs maybe generate a different diameter … a virtual diameter? If I move the distance between the rollers, doesn’t it change anything? The diameter of the object is a clear parameter. I don’t know how to determine the first two parameters and so far no one has answered me, not even the LightBurn producers, because I only get links of things I already have. I need the theoretical principle. The diameter of an object is a theoretical principle that I can apply to any object: a can, a pen … the diameter is measured.
Well … the mm per rotation and the roller diameter … sorry … how do I determine them?

You don’t have to save preferences.
Several people have had trouble switching back to flat-work after using a rotary. Saving settings and preferences may reduce those challenges.

This will be a mm error per rotation after you have everything set up. You will measure it after your best attempts to set up the rotary work on each non-identical object and input it there.

A digital caliper will serve you well here.

No. The diameter and the circumference are locked together by a mathematical constant. The number of rollers contributing to the motion are not additive.

Again no. Aside from a small amount of mechanical slippage the mm circumference = mm circumference and the round things roll on each other the same amount.

Although this is a different machine it will still be a fairly accurate reference to help you get set up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6tXOupQgo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.