Atomstack a5 PRO; how to focus it?

Hello everyone
I have an atomstack a5 pro 40w which was fine a week ago but now, suddenly it can’t cut 3mm material anymore. - I tried repeatedly with 3 mm masonite and with 90% - 700 - 20 passes, there is no trace of engraving on the other side of the sheet. — At the same time the fan above the laser started making an anomalous noise (which becomes normal again after about 20 seconds) — any advice on what to do to get a working laser back?
(p.s. the air assist is fine and regularly aimed at the focal point)

Hi, have you checked the lens for debris?

HI …
yes … lens and perimeter of the laser regularly cleaned; aligned air assist and focal distance adjusted every time, yet I have so much difficulty cutting 4mm plywood and 3mm masonite; it seems strange to me to have to go beyond 20 or 25 passes (with an A5 PRO) while others claim to cut those materials even with 10 fewer passes

This is not an indication for a properly operating setup. I might suggest contacting the nice folks at Atomstack for troubleshooting procedures to ensure hardware is working as expected.

1 Like

thanks for the advice, of course I turned to them for assistance … but the signs are bad; I attend a group of Atomstack users and other testimonials suggest that all this desire or ability to provide technical assistance does not have it. — Now I’m waiting for an answer from them.

in fact they don’t even reply to emails anymore … what happened to others too; so beware that technical assistance does not seem to be their priority ------- and now the engraver has presented another problem, when I try to engrave a design with filling, halfway through the work, the laser moves the its range, ruining everything. – Bye :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you ever figure out the issue with your laser? Please let us know , did you keep it or go with another brand

what does it mean you kept it? I would never have sold a malfunctioning item to someone else; these from Atomstack limited themselves to another email in which they suggested routine checks and nothing else. - In the meantime I replaced the fan and for a few days the situation seemed to have improved, then the new fan also began to make a lot of noise, I think there is some imperfect hardware component that makes everything vibrate (imperceptibly, but for laser means a lot), makes engraving less efficient and damages hardware. - To be sure I will buy another fan and if this too starts to malfunction, I will be sure that the problem is in the structure that is not perfectly calibrate, perhaps one of the engines. — But in the meantime I will have to do everything by myself because Atomstack only thinks about selling and collecting. – For now I manage with an Atomstack with limited performance, but the next engraver will certainly be from another brand; waiting for many others to copy the idea of the shielding cage around the laser

1 Like