Atomstack cable management

Howdy Folks,

Wondering what everyone is doing for cable management on Atomstack lasers. I’ve got an X20 pro and would like to add a drag chain for Y, at the least l, but can’t really find a happy spot that will work with/without the risers. The Y limit switch seems to be the biggest issue.

Anyone have some ideas?

Bonus points for pics!

Thx

No bonus points for you. Can you move the y limit switch so it’s in a better spot? (I have no clue what your laser looks like at all)

I don’t see a lot of options for moving the switch. My thought was perhaps some wiring extensions to give a bit more slack.

Extensions sounds like a good way to get a short or disconnect. The best option is probably to run new wires entirely if you’re looking for more length. I’m not an expert though, so keep that in mind.

I used a simple 3d printed part to keep the cables from touching the bed/the work piece.

The X20 seems identical from the mechanical point to the s10.

1 Like

Agree that it’s not an ideal situation. Atomstack does sell a frame extension kit that comes with wiring extensions so was thinking of possibly going that route for just the wiring.

Been a while on this thread but I thought I would add for newbies like me, there is a youtuber by the name of 737Mechanic who 3d printed some brackets to enable the use of drag chains on the atomstack A20 He posted the files for free use on the video and on Thingiverse. He also posted the drag chain he made them for (amazon)
They work great. (He may be on here and didn’t see your post IDK)Drag chain mod Atomstack

A few hose clamps and some nuts and bolts attached to a piece of metal. works great and is free.

Also the laser head is free to be removed for cleaning etc.

1 Like

Brilliant!