Atomstack chuck

Till a few days my atomstack x7 pro was engraving good know when i try and run a tumbler the chuck stops for a second and then moves on this happens at framing and you could tell most when youn engrave and look at the image theres like a step on it where it stop. Any suggestion would help. Im new at this so please explain as if i was lost :sweat_smile:

Lets break the issue apart

a) In console $RST=*
this should set your machine in defaults
b) unplug chuck and use Y motor
Do a simple test, all ok?

if so
Plug back the Chuck and disable homing (follow atomstack procedure)
retry
If you get the issue , try a different project
(would be immensely helpful if you could record the behavior in video and post on youtube and share link here)

Ill do all that and update. I do have a video that i send to atomstack. Its only framing but it shows when its stops 2 times. Just need 24hrs to get verified to post it.

this wuold work

I engrave a leather keychain for a coworker monday and had no problem.

Link to video

I did all that and at fast speed you cant tell but when you slow it down its noticeable.

mmmm seems to me is mechanical and is slack in the sproket/gears in the chuck itself

Unsure how comfortable you would be opening it up, but i would reach to AtomStack and ask them how to get in the gear
Seems to me either the sprocket is loose on the shaft of the motor and it slips or a gear is broken

Yesterday i took a good look at it. Im new at engraving but long time machine mechanic. With my chuck plug in i look at the belt turn, i put it upside down and the small gear was rubbing to the belt just a bit. The set screws for that are really small so hard to get a good tight, move it just a bit had it turn till it made a full turn with the belt center… I run a tumbler and it look good will see what happens

1 Like