Atomstack LaserBox ESP32 board and automatic air assist - FluidNC configuration

I think we discussed something similar last year (Control of Air Assist with Atomstack X20). Lately, I could get hold of an Atomstack S20 myself and developed a FluidNC-configuration file that enables the use of automatic air assist. You can download the configuration file here:
Atomstack A/X/S20 Pro - Diode Laser Wiki
The only thing you need is a relay and some cables, which should be below $10.

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Thank you! I have just ordered the relay, jumper leads, and DC connector leads as shown in your linked Image.

Also your FluidNC config file, but I take it I need to download and flash FluidNC onto the mainboard of my Atomstack S20 Pro before I can use your config file? Do you have any guidance on this element, or it just as simple as connect the mainboard to the my PC with USB, powering it up & copying files across to it??

First time flashing to entirely different firmware so please forgive my ignorance!

Edit: Just found the following wiki installation guide. Is this how you would recommend I do it?

You first have to install FluidNC as a whole. This can be done using a web-installer (https://installer.fluidnc.com/) or a batch script (Releases · bdring/FluidNC · GitHub). The web-installer didn’t work for me, so I used the batch script in the installation package, as I was used to. Once it’s installed, you can boot it up, it will provide a web interface that you can use to upload your config file. The full guide is here: FluidNC Installation | Wiki.js

Your a star, thanks for the additional info and links. Cant wait to give this a go when the parts arrive. I have wanted the auto air-assist functionality since day one, so will be a much anticipated / valued upgrade.

I have never used the screen or Wi-Fi that comes with the machine, as have always used Lightburn connected via USB cable. So the screen certainly wont be missed. If that’s the only real ‘downside’ to making the Firmware switch then I am more than happy to make the jump!