Atomstack Maker AC1 camera is not being recognized by Lightburn

Hi - new user. I have an Atomstack A5 Pro. I use a MacBook Pro with Sonoma loaded onto it. This computer does not have USB-A ports on it. Only USB-C ports. I do have one of those USB-A to USB-C adaptors. Engraver works fine. Lightburn will not recognize the Camera. Camera is an AtomStack Maker AC1. Anything related to the camera once changed to USB stays greyed out and then the program shuts down. Does the camera require a driver?

Make sure you connect camera first, THEN power on lightburn

However can you use camera in macOS as a whole?

Thanks for the advice. My computer does recognize the camera and is usable in other apps. I have the most up to date version of Lightburn. As soon as I switch to USB Camera or try to initiate the Calibrate Camera Lens it shuts down Lightburn

I did do as you suggested. And made sure everything was plugged in before starting Lightburn

Interesting, that goes around my knowledge, but I heard other users having similar issues

@Colin Might want to take a look at this maybe could have diagnostic steps

Thank you for your help. I do appreciate it

The only other thing I see is when I initiate a Calibrate Camera Lens I am able to select USB Camera, but everything else is grayed out. If I try to do anything else the program shuts down

thank you for anyone that helped. Just figured it out. You have to allow Lightburn to have access to cameras on your MacBook. It is in the camera settings under the privacy and security settings

Interesting
Could you describe how you did this. so others - that have same issues - could experiment and try your solution?

Go into system setting on your MacBook. Go down to where it says privacy and security. Click on that. Gives a list of application. Scroll down to you see camera. Click on that. There is a there will be a list of programs that are there. Scroll down to Lightburn. Click the toggle to allow access. Hope this helps

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.