Atomstack Mr20 3D sliced

I´m looking at the menu, but 3d sliced does not appear, even this is a fiber laser…Is there a way to solve it??

Does this laser use the GRBL device profile? If so, even if it’s a fiber based laser 3D slice option would not be available. That is only available when using a galvo-type device profile.

I think it’s this mounted on a grbl gantry machine…

Although the operation might be kind of tough on a gantry… the idea seems like it should work. In one of the threads someone asked about 3d slice with a regular diode. I had thought that Oz mentioned they didn’t remove enough metal to be useful… ? Seems like this would be at least plausible…?

When I run 3dslice on mine, it does a pass at 0 angle, then one at 90 degrees, then back to 0… Might be rough on the gantry.

If I run 1000mm/s and above some of these take 2 hours… can’t imagine how slow it’d be with a gantry.

:smile_cat:

Ok…there is not a 3d sliced menu…But Is there other way to do 3D engraving with atostack MR20 Gantry type fiber laser???

You could hack a rough approximation by devising various stacked grayscale bitmaps that get you something similar. 3D slice just automates a lot of that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.