Atomstack r3 rotary

Hello everyone. I am hoping so,some here can help me. I just purchased an Atomstack A20 laser and R3 rotary. I have the laser all set up and can run jobs with it, my issue is when I attach the rotary. I follow all the steps in the videos I have watched but for whatever reason when I attempt to do anything on the rotary the “x” axis will go all the way to the right (not stopping) and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong or failing to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated by this newbie to the rotary
TIA
Chris

did you ever figure this out? I just attached myself and have the exact same issue

Set origin to the center bubble, make sure you use current position, disable auto home.
At least that’s what I did at first. This is the setting I use for all items you get positioned where you want them start, and don’t want it homing or ‘starting’ somewhere else on the board.
After destroying several brand new thermos and mugs, I tossed the rotary in the trash after the 4th attempt. It would not stay timed, and whatever you were engraving would slowly lose track of where it was supposed to engrave. Mugs would start engraving just fine, but after a few minutes it would be 2" lower and wider than it was supposed to. I gave up, tossed the thing across the shop into the trash. I built my own rotary and use it now. It has yet to miss a beat.

Thanks!
Geez, I hope I don’t have a similar experience.

It did finally dawn on me to home it and then manually move it.
Now it starts the job, but about 60% of complete it quits turning. I can see it trying to turn, but it kind of clicks and falls back.

Yeah…I don’t think those were ready for prime time.
Several things I found out at a later date:
A: weight whatever you’re rolling. Meaning if you can fill it with sand or lead, do it. More weight, more friction, more sticky and less slippy.
B: Big ath rubber bands around whatever you’re rolling. More sticky, less slippy.
C: supposedly setting the speed WAY down helps with the ‘sudden stop at the end’ of each pass that was causing it to follow Newton’s law of motion…No gradual stop, just an instantaneous change of direction that the mug/thermos wasn’t prepared to make. Weight helps, but slowing it WAY down has got to help.
No idea why you’re stopping. Again, no love for this thing on my part.
(oh, Atomstack X7 Pro with an extension kit if specifics matter)
(and don’t get me started on the R30 IR head…you don’t wanna go there)