Atomstack S10 pro and stainless

I’ve been having a go at making some tags on my S10 Pro and I seem to get huge variations with the results even though the material is supposed to be the exact same. Some come out really crisp and black and others come out a lighter grey…
I’m guessing this is down to differences in the material as the settings are the same on both. I’m doing this on a flat surface and have also checked the focus distance and seems spot on, anything I’m missing?

1 Like

Maybe I’m seeing an artifact in the image but the Bone shaped tag looks thicker than the Heart shaped tag.

Are either of these tags coated? Are you engraving directly or with a transfer coating?

Marking by Annealing can be sensitive to starting temperature and relative humidity.

I thought 304 mirror stainless steel was pretty reflective, so they lost me here… and here with this comment it can achieve a safe 150W CO₂ laser engraving effect.

My first thought was they probably used coatings from a different batch.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

No, they are in fact both the same thickness 1mm, I’m marking directly. I have a feeling they are probably plated but not 100% sure, I’ll cut one up to see.

Unless they are mirror finish with a purple color reflecting off them they are coated with something.

What type of stainless are these… do you have a link?

:smile_cat: