Atomstack stopped cutting

Hi everyone, a newbie with a problem here. I got a Atomstack X20PRO. Im all new with laser, so bare with me. Today i wantet to make a tag for keys. It engraved as normal, with the result i wanted. But it wouldnt cut. I normally use 200 mm/min and 70% power on my 4mm plywood with good result. The plywood i try cutting, is the same batch. I tried to take the speed down to 50 and 100% power, but all it did was burn around the line…It engraved deeper than it did on the cut line. I checked the s-value to 1000. I dismounted the laser and cleaned it (it was a bit clogged) i cleaned the lense, with no result. I have the GRBL installed, tried to uninstall and install with no result. I would really preciate it if someone could help me. I notised the lense had a small scrach maby max 1x1 mm, can that be enough? Im using airassistance. Regards Robin

A couple of things to check:

1. Did you validate that focus was correct?
  2. Make sure that the speed units are in fact mm/m and it didn’t somehow change to a different unit measurement
  3. Check that your power supplies are functioning correctly. There’s a chance that if you’re not getting proper voltage that the laser is not working at full power.
  4. Check the connector from the controller to the laser module. Make sure there’s no visible damage and that it’s well connected.

This can absolutely make the difference depending on the type of scratch. Are you able to take a photo of the scratch?

Thank you for your reply, and sorry im late answering your suggestions…i checked them all, but no luck. But when i changed the lence…viola! Everything worked great! I really didnt believe that a such small scratch would disturb the laser beam that much. Thanks for your help :+1: