Auto Set Origin before job

Hi,

Can Lightburn automatically set the Current Origin at the start of a job in case I stop it part way through and need to start again from where it left off?
Sometimes I get the power values wrong or start a line instead of a fill and have to stop the job which doesn’t move the head to the start position.

Thanks,
B

There’s a feature in the bottom of the preview window that may work well for you.

I feel adjusting the origin makes for whole new challenges.

Thanks but not quite what I’m after.

Basically when I hit the stop button I’d like it to go back to where the job started.

What’s your “Start From” setting in Laser window? If you’re working in Absolute Coords or user origin you’ll be able to restart arbitrarily. This won’t work in Current Position but you could potentially save your current position in the Move window and go back to that if you wanted.

Also, this part is super important. Pressing Stop button during a running job is considered a halt condition. Position cannot be counted on in that case and you would typically need to rehome. Pressing pause first and then stopping would prevent the halt condition and allow step position to be preserved.

Hi,

You can’t edit layers and Resume after a Pause.
I’ve got in the habit of clearing origin then set origin before a job. That way I know I can Home and then go to origin.
For other jobs I use a jig and saved positions.

Maybe a feature request…
Thanks though.

Not following.

Why would that be? And to be clear I’m talking about Pause then Stop. This would prevent the halt scenario and the potential loss of position. Meaning you would not need to re-home.

The problem I have with rehoming is that even if the rehome is off by just a fraction of a millimeter that for very fine work that the shift is visible. That’s why it’s best if at all possible to not lose position.

Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.