Automatic Z preset for galvo laser

Hi all,
I now have 4 different lenses for my fibre laser and when I change it I have to remember where the focal point is, so I thought of adding some electronic to help with the process… Now the head goes to focus at the touch of a button :slight_smile:

Pleased with the job :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

That looks great…

The best I’ve done is cut some arrows out of thin brass and engrave the lens length on them… They are stuck to the column… I still have to crank it up and down… :sob:

Do you have the construction details posted somewhere?

Lots of people here like DIY…

I’m lucky to have the machine I have, without a Z axes control… did you get it factory or was it a total diy?

Thanks…

:smile_cat:

I made it myself with an arduino… 3d printed box and cnc machined motor support… I am lucky enough to have the CNC and 3d printer :smiley:

I do not have any detail in an organized manner, but if someone is interested I can put something together… or I may even think of selling the complete kit if anyone is interested… pity I cannot post any video of how it works here…

I’d like to add that to mine… I have a 3d printer and a small 3018 cnc, actually a couple of them…

It would be nice when I’m doing coins to be able to lower it a specified amount…

I assume it was originally a crank, like mine…?

Thanks

I will collect all the bits of info and put them together as soon as I have minute!

and yes it had the usual crank on top

Is there a way to get Arduino code and schematic?
Thanks

can I get the arduino code aswell

It’s been two months… we’re all waiting… :crying_cat_face: