Automatically print layer settings/details in textbox near object (for A/B testing)

So many times I’ve found myself burning dozens of little test squares or repeats of an object onto a test sheet trying to tweak my engraver settings, only to wish I could go back and see what settings I used 10 or 20 squares back!

I wish there was a way to automatically insert a little text box beneath an object that contained all of the settings used to engrave that particular layer.

For example:

Profile Name: Test1 | Speed 180.00 mm/sec | Max Power 17.00% | Min Power 15% | Air Assist: On | Mode: Image | Line Interval: 0.064/400dpi | Scan Angle: 0 | Image Mode: Newsprint | Passes: 01 | 02/05/24 - 18:59:43

Maybe include a config tab which allowed the user to pick and choose which setting(s) they want to include in the “info” block that shows below the object.

I got this idea from my Roland Solvent Inkjet printer, the Roland RIP software (similar to lightburn) allows you to print “Information” under each print, and you can pick and choose what details you want to print like Ink Profile, Head settings, print temperature, date, time, filename, etc.

It would make it so much easier to look at a big sheet of test engravings and easily tell which ones look good, and what settings you used to achieve them.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.