AWC708C LightBurn Settings 1220 x 2500 Laser co2 Y Ballscrews

Has anyone got setting parameters files for my laser please? looking to upgrade from Lasercut5.3 Leetro to Trocen AWC708C + LightBurn bed size1225mm x 2500mm Laser co2 Y Ballscrews. And do I need to change my DIP switches too?

All the best Paul

Most of us here have a Ruida type controller, but I suspect that most of these dsp controller work in similar ways.

The Ruida has a default factory setting… to these settings the vendor/manufacturer of your laser will add the vendor parameters to whatever is needed for their build. This is the motor steps and a many other items. All of these change with who manufactured the end product… not who made the controller…

You might have difficulties with parameters with only a controller name and not some manufactured laser name for reference.

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

Not too sure of the name, but I have a picture Please see https://lasercut4u.com/laser-pics/Laser.jpg

I think you will have to see what kind of motor drivers and other hardware you are driving and go from there…

Big machine… Looks like it’s cutting out hobby homes or something.

I don’t know how much help it will be, but you might post pictures of the hardware. Try to take photos that show any kind of identification, symbols, letters or whatever… Help people identify it.

I wouldn’t turn down the task, but it’s not going to be nice, if you know what I mean…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

I’m about to upgrade my controller and would like to know what the smallest JOG laser head movement possible is with Y Ballscrows on the AWC708C/LightBurn and the best DIP switch settings moving from Leetro. As I’m concerned that the lowest Puls unit in AWC708C/Lightburn is 0.01 but in Leetro LaserCut5.3 is 0.0025 my current setting, so I need to change my DIP switches.

How does this affect the moment resolution for upgrading?

My laser is from mantech machinery https://lasercut4u.com/laser-pics/Laser.jpg

This is enough of a duplication that I’ve merged the threads.

There may not be a set of canned settings out in the wild.
Setting up your ballscrew behemoth may involve repeated testing and developing your own settings from scratch.

If we’re joining you on that journey, Let’s keep it to one thread and I’ll split it where it seems reasonable to do so.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I have emailed “Mantech Machinery uk” as they have some lasers with similar mechanics and they use lightburn now. They are the distributor of our current laser so hopefully will get back to me with some parameters. Millennium laser is probably going to retrofit our laser and I’m confident they will do a good job along with a new ML130 co2 tube from them as well.

2 Likes

Sounds like a Great Project! Thanks for letting us know.

Could anyone let me know what is the lowest numerical value for um Step Lengths in machine settings for the AWC708 with LightBurn? Can you go lower than 2.5 um? as this is the setting in my Leetro Lasercut3.5 software but I have puls units at 0.0025, and in mm I think?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.