Backing up Lightburn -> importing

Previous Closed thread

The thread referred to above addressed how to backup prefs.ini, and library files.
But I just did a fresh install of win11, re-installing apps/programs, and importing settings and profiles where available.
When I open Lightburn, the entire UI is so ridiculously tiny I can’t make anything out. I remembered that I still need to import the prefs.ini file. But when I search for the existing prefs.ini file to over write with the backup I can’t find it anywhere. How do I import prefs.ini and restore all settings to before?

If you’re importing you would look for the .lbprefs file that you first exported.

If you only have the prefs.ini file that’s not an exported file. In that case I’d suggest:

1. Open Prefs folder (File->Open Prefs Folder)
  2. Shutdown LightBurn
  3. Copy the prefs.ini file to the folder
  4. Start LightBurn

Ill try it again… originally (before posting) it just restored to default from fresh install so far as I can tell. Biggest tell is that the entire UI (Dialogue settings windows, tool bar, and right side project settings panel go back to being so small I cant read anything.) My vision is good. I can only hit the gear as thats the onlything visible. from there I change font and taskbare. But this still only changes an 8th of the programs UI.
btw, there are two prefs files I seemed to have backed up. prefs.ini and prefs.ini.old.
I do have the prefs folder backed up as well, which has around 74 lbprefs files, the last of which was approximately 10 days ago, which seems right.
I also have image_presets.lbimg.
For all of these, Ive been closing Lightburn, copying the backup files back over, overwriting the target files, and then opening Lightburn back up. No notable change. again, UI reverts back to rediculously tiny.

Are you also copying the prefs.ini file in the main folder? That’s the active file that you’ll need.

Else if you have all the prefs backups you can do File->Load Prefs Backup and go back to any available prefs file there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.