Bad Circles with Rotary Chuck - AtomStack - ORTUR YRC

Hi guys,

In need of some help, been struggling to get my rotary chuck to work for awhile, tried everything i can think of, so turning to the community for help on this one.

Hardware:
AtomStack p7 M30 - 5w diode
Ortur YRC - Rotary chuck

The PROBLEM:
So i ordered the Ortur rotray chuck with the idea to do tumblers with it, the issue i have is circles are less than optimal, not sure what settings I’m missing here, the machine can do near perfect circles using the normal X,Y Axis, once i enable the rotary and use the chuck i get a sort of jagged circle.

Ive got the rotary set to the correct steps/mm 120mm in my case with the drivers i have, I’ve got the correct diameter setup for the cup. Ive been tweaking overscanning, dpi, slowed the machine down to 300mm/min (yes really slow), had it at 3000mm/min nothing seems to change the effect, had some initial wobble on the X axis at the start of a line, tightened up all belts and eccentric nuts, improved line accuracy but the rotary still produces jagged circles.

See image below: but anything to help would be appreciated

Thanks

It depends where the “Top” of the circle is, weather you need to adjust DPI or LPI and spacing, or try adjusting from fill to offset fill.

So the top of the circle, in this case is the right side of the circle right?

on rotary, the silver rim on the cup is mounted to the chuck, and the line is along the X axis, so you can see the middle circle in a square, the infill is set along the X axis, so i think its starting on the right side working its way down, but if you zoom on that circle, you can see how the lines shift slightly as it heads down (to the left side)

So in my head the adjusting DPI, will just help smooth it out, but if the lines are offset, or shifted, i should be able to get that all perfect even at 0.5mm line height right ? , and then just make it dense to cleanup the jagged-ness, but the initial lines seem off to me, also i noted some wobbly lines at the starts of the lines, if you again zoom the middle filled circle, you can ever so slightly spot the wobbles in the lines

See the above outline, wobbly curvature, if i do a line of the SVG, it also has that wobble to it, never cuts a clean cicle on the rotary, i suspect its bad microstepping or the x and y arent in sync so theyre sort of moving in stagered steps, than a smooth motion

Following along, the jagged edges on curves would lead me suspect LB settings do not match dip settings on controller. Or dip settings on controller do not match what the stepper motor likes, even though giving you the correct 360 when you hit test. I play around with stepper motors sometimes and there are several parameters besides the basic steps per rev that can really smooth out the operation.
Can you post screen shots of your rotary settings, and dip settings on controller?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.